Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 9 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge

 



 




Day 9 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: Perfectly Pink. In honor of October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I am dedicating my second week of The Challenge to pink makeup!  Today's inspiration came from the Maybelline ad above.









What you will need:

 Instructions:
To mix up what has become a boring routine of my Five Minute Wake Up Makeup base, I opted to blend two of Sephora's primers (the sheer glow and highlighting Base Sublimatrice Primers) to create a glowing, even base color. I did, however, keep the same steps for concealing, and sealed it all with a dusting of loose mineral powder.

To contour and color my cheeks, I utilized Estee Lauder's Deluxe All-Over Face Compact, which very handily combined their Soft Matte Bronzer, AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder, and Tender Blush in Fresh Plum and Petal all in one package.  I contoured with the bronzed, used the ultralucent powder on my cheekbones, and blended the Plum and Petal blush colors to reach a color on the apples of my cheeks that I was pleased with.  We need to remember, not ever blush will be perfect for our skin tone, but we are able to blend and mix away!  The Petal color is far too light, but when mixed with the Plum it becomes a very pretty pink shade for me. 

You might begin to notice that today was focused on convenience for me (i.e. I used a lot of quads!).  It can be really handy to have all the colors you need in one compact, and for those who are not yet comfortable matching colors, it offers an easy way to know that can go well with that.  For my eyes, I used the Daylight shadow from the Lancome Color Design Eye Shadow Quad from the crease to the brow; Statuesque on the lid; and Icy in the eye crease.

Next, I lined the inner rims of my eyes with Tarte emphasEYES High Definition Inner Rim Eye Pencil in Black (Check out my Moody Makeup post for inner rim lining tips!).  I then lined the upper lid with black liner (Clarins Eye Pencil in No. 01 Black), and the bottom lid with bright green eyeliner (Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof in Flashy Ultra Green).  I finished the eyes with two coats of Estee Lauder Illusionist Mascara in Black on top and bottom lashes, all the while wondering if I lose points for not using Maybelline Great Lash mascara...


Finally, I used the pale-pink Lucky shade in the Tarte LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain line of my lips.  It lasts without clumping or drying, which is a huge bonus for me (a major chapstick aficionado).  Of course, you can opt for something with a bit of shine if you prefer.  Find what works for you!


Show me your best pink makeup for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Post your photos, ask any questions you may have, or share any ideas you want me to try our via reply post or Email Me!

 See you tomorrow for Day 10 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, your local drug store, or through Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment