Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 8 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge

 



















Day 8 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: Perfectly Pink. In honor of October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I am dedicating my second week of The Challenge to pink makeup!  Enjoy!
What you will need:

 Instructions:
For my first day of going pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I began with the Five Minute Wake Up Makeup base, followed by contouring with bronzer an highlighter.  For my cheeks today, I opted to go the cream route and utilized Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Blush on the apples of my cheeks.  With this blush, the key to success is to use a very small amount and gently blend with your finger tips.  This liquidy-creamy blush packs a big punch in a small drop, so proceed slowly!

Next, I lined the inner rims of my eyes with POP Beauty In Liner in No 1 in Black. (Check out my Moody Makeup post for inner rim lining tips!) My goal was to go pink with my eyes, but without some contrast, pink so close to the eye can make you look ill!

I then dusted a light shimmery eyeshadow (MAC's frost eye shadow in Naked Lunch) from the crease of my eyelids to the brow.  I followed with a shimmery light pink eyeshadow (Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow in Disco Pink) on the eyelid.  I finished up the shadows with a pop of bright pink à la L'Oreal HIP Shocking Shadow Pigments in Fiery in the crease of the eye.

The big impact for my eyes came from applying a bright pink waterproof eyeliner (Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes eyeliner) around the entire eye.  I finished with a few sweeps of Estee Lauder More Than Mascara in Rich Black on my top and bottom lashes to add more definition to the eye area (and avoid the sickly look!)
Finally, I went with a medium-toned lip stick with some shine (Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy).  I don't recommend going with a frosted lip with such light makeup all around.  You want to define your looks, and not wash everything out. 


Show me your best pink makeup for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Post your photos, ask any questions you may have, or share any ideas you want me to try by replying to this post or Email Me!

 See you tomorrow for Day 9 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, your local drug store, or through Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment