Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 19 of The Great Makeup Challenge







Day 19 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: Wednesday Product ReviewsAs you may recall, every Wednesday  I will review a different product. I’ll score it on a standard school grading system: “A+” for utter perfection and “F” for utter failure.  Today, I’m testing out a new foundation, Chanel's Perfection Lumiere Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup SPF 10.

Have something you want me to try out and review?  Send me your ideas via my Submit page above or Email Me!







What you will need:
Instructions:
For today's Wednesday Product Review I thought I would start with a new foundation.  Initially, I planned to try out Sephora's Perfecting Cover Foundation.  I had obtained a sample of it in medium, as this is the shade I have purchased in Sephora's other base products.  However, as you can see from the photo above, the foundation was about two shades too dark for my skin!  So, I scrubbed off my face and started over.
I decided instead to review a completely new product for me: Chanel's Perfection Lumiere Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup SPF 10 in No. 32 Beige Rose.  According to Chanel's website, the foundation is: "Effortless to apply, with seamless blendability for a naturally flawless effect, this breakthrough foundation is the ideal all-day, everyday formula – suitable for all skin types in a diverse range of 20 shades."  Upon initial application, I found that it's an excellent color for my medium skin tone, although just a tad to light.  However, I was extremely impressed by the foundation itself.  It was lightweight, easy to apply and blend, and it dried to very soft finish.  My skin actually felt 10x's softer than it did prior to application!  The downside is that the foundation does dry very quickly, so when applying you really have to keep it moving to get it where you need before it sets.  The coverage was so great that I barely needed to add any concealer!  At the end of the day, my skin was still flawless and soft.  Wednesday Product Review: I’m giving Chanel's Perfection Lumiere Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup SPF 10 an “A.”  It just missed out on an A+ because of the very quick drying time, which makes it a little more difficult to apply.  However, the coverage is excellent, the texture afterwards is fantastic, and I think once I find a shade that fits my skin tone best, this is definitely going to be a mainstay in my makeup kit!

Moving on with today's challenge, I applied a small amount of concealer under my eyes.  However, as noted above, because of the quality of the foundation, I didn't have to apply much!  I then set everything with mineral powder, which served double-duty by also helping to warm up my skin tone, bringing it closer to my natural tone.

Since the foundation was a little bit too light for me, I used one my tricks for warming up and matching my skin tone: I slept on a light dusting of bronzer across my entire face and down my neck.  To blend, I used my fingertips, gently blending the bronzer across the entire face to obtain an overall warmer complexion.  I then started my normal contouring routine by applying the bronzer into the hollows of cheekbones and then along the jawline for added definition. For my blush, I opted for a warm beige tone to keep add to the overall warm look that I was seeking today.

However, today's focus is all about following my journey to seek a great pop of color for Fall.  Accordingly, for my eyes, the only thing I applied was a gorgeous orange shade from Make Up Forever Aqua Cream Waterproof Cream Color line.  I started by applying a very light amount from the inner corner, along the brow bone, out to the outer corner of my eye.  I then followed by slowly layering heavier amounts on the eyelid and just barely into the crease until I got the shade of orange that I was going for.  Since you're limiting this vivid color to your eyelid area, it's not as out there as it could be (i.e. completely work appropriate!).  The more you layer the color on the eyelid, the more intense you can go with the color.  Keep in mind, though, that since you're limiting the intense color to the eyelid,  when your eyes are open only a hint of the vivid color will show.  When you close your eyes, the color will pop!

I finished the eyes by lining the inner rims with black inner rim eyeliner for contrast.  In case you're wondering: yes, you can mix black and orange and not look like you're going to Halloween party!  I then followed by lining just the top lashes in a thin line of black eyeliner.  To add some extra oomph to my eyes, I went with Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Waterproof Mascara in Black, applying two coats to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom.

I finished the look with a swipe of a pretty coral lipstick, which offered a pop of a slightly cool color to add some juxtaposition to the overall warm look.


Share your photos with me, and tell me what colors you want me to take for a test drive.  Send me some ideas! I still have almost a year to go, and I am only so creative!  Challenge me!

Share your photos and experiences, and show me some of your makeup skills! Post your photos, ask any questions you may have, or share any ideas you want me to try our via my Submit page above or Email Me!
 
See you tomorrow for Day 20 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, your local drug store, or through Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment