Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge




















Day 3 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: Taming Wild Eyes.  Today’s challenge is to tame the wild eyes I sported for Livestrong Day.  Not everyone is comfortable sporting so much eye makeup, let alone in all yellow!  So for today I’ll incorporate a bit of yellow in a more user-friendly look.
What you will need:
  • Tinted  moisturizer (I use and highly recommend Philosphy’s The Supernatural)
  • Concealer; unless you’re one of the lucky ones who don’t need it! (The absolute best one I’ve ever used: Benefit Erase Paste)
  • Powder (I recommend Sephora’s Mineral loose powder)

  • Bronzer (I recommend Wet n Wild Ultimate Minerals Bronzer.  It is cheap, but the quality is great)
  • Blush (Today, I used Beneftit’s Coralista blush)
  • Highlighter (for a quick powder highlighter, I recommend Wet n Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder)
  • Yellow eye shadow (Today, I used a combination of NYX’s Mellow Yellow eyeshadow and the Strawberry side of Clinique’s Color Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Strawberry/Fudge)
  • Mascara (Today, I used Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes!)
  • Eyeliner (Today I used Wet n Wild’s Coloricon eyeliner in Dark Brown)
  • Lip color, which I decided to do in a pink lip gloss (I used Clinique’s Color Surge Impossibly Glossy lip gloss in Cherry Apple)

Instructions:

Sickness continued today, once again dictating that I stick to my quick Five Minute Wake Up Makeup base, contouring, and blush tips.  For today’s blush, I opted for a soft shimmery peach to wake up my sickly complexion. 

Next, to tame yesterday’s eyes, I applied a very sheer application of NYX’s Mellow Yellow eyeshadow form the inner corner of the eye up and along the brow line to the outer corner of the eye.  The great thing about this yellow eyeshadow is that it’s buildable, so you can apply it as sheer or opaque as you would like to give some contrast.  I applied the Strawberry side of Clinique’s Color Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Strawberry/Fudge along the eyelid and into the crease.  This soft shimmery pink blends beautiful with the sheer yellow, giving a nice shine to help wake-up eyes.  I lined the top lash line only with Wet n Wild’s Coloricon eyeliner in Dark Brown to give my eyes some definition, and a coat of Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes! finished up the look of the eyes.

For my lips, I swiped on a quick coat of Clinique’s Color Surge Impossibly Glossy lip gloss in Cherry Apple.  This gloss leaves a pop of shiny color that finishes off this skin-brightening look.

This is a look that each and every one of you can try.  Play around with the intensity of the eyeshadows, finding the level of color that works best for you.  Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone!

 Share your versions of this look, questions you may have, or any ideas you want me to try out via reply post, or  Email Me!

 See you tomorrow for Day 4 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, and your local drug store.

No comments:

Post a Comment