Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 17 of The Great Makeup Challenge



Day 17 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: ‘Fall’-ing for Orange.  When we think of Fall clothing, we often think of muted colors and an earthy, natural pallet.  However, as we all know, nature’s version of Fall includes bright pops of colors: yellows, oranges, red, etc.  So for today’s challenge, I thought of how, as the leaves begin to change, we will see bright pops of color exploding from nature’s muted palette.  I decided to do the same with my makeup.  After all, why can we bring that bold pop of color to our makeup and clothing?  Let’s brighten up Fall!

What you will need:
Instructions:
Because of my skin’s recent outbreak of minor irritation, I started with the simple base of my tinted moisturizer.  I applied concealer under my eyes, and a dusting of powder across the face to set.  I proceeded with contouring my cheekbones and adding a dash of a warm peach colored blush to the apples of the cheeks.

For my eyes, I applied a nude color from the inner corners in the eyes all the way up across the brow bone.  I then applied a dark brown on the outer third of my eyelid, followed by a golden hue along the eyelid from inner corner to the center to meet where the brown color ended, and into the crease.  I lined the inner rims with black eyeliner, and I applied a bit of a sparkly gold eyeliner to the inner corners of both eyes.  I finished the eyes with two coats mascara to the top lashes and one to the bottom lashes.

For my pop of color, I went with a bright poppy-orange lipstick.  With this lipstick, one good coat is all it really takes, but depending on the lipstick you use, you may need to layer to reach your desired level of impact.  To me, this pop of orange speaks of the colors of fall.

Be brave!  Be bright! Show me your fall colors! Share your photos and experiences, and show me some of your makeup skills! Post your photos, ask any questions you may have, or share any ideas you want me to try our via my Submit page above or Email Me!
 
See you tomorrow for Day 18 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, your local drug store, or through Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment