Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 20 of The Great Makeup Challenge






Day 20 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: Rusted!  Okay, so I know that I've been lecturing about using pops of color to break up the monotone colors typically associated with Fall.  However, there are those of us who may want to work with the earthy Fall tones.  So for my challenge today, I wanted to come up with a palette based on those nice rusted hues we see so often in Fall.

What you will need:

 
Instructions:
To start my look, I began by applying a  makeup primer.  I highly recommend Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup face primer.  You apply the  primer and allow it to set for two minutes before applying the rest of your makeup.  The product goes on clear, but it helps any foundation and makeup you apply afterwards to go on smoothly and stay put.  Once my primer set, I applied a light coat of foundation, followed by concealer under my eyes and a light dusting of powder to set the base. 

To stick with my theme of a warm rusted look for Fall, I used Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder in Catwalk Pink to bronze and highlight.  I used the darker shades of the palette to warm up my complexion by applying a light dusting over my entire face, along the jawline, and down my neck.  I then used the same shades in the hollows of my cheeks for contouring, followed by highlighting the tops of my cheekbones with the lighter shades in the palette.  I finished my base by applying the pretty warm beige  blush (courtesy of Chanel) to the apples of my cheeks. 

Next, I started work on my eyes, beginning with lining the inner rims with Tarte emphasEYES High Definition Inner Rim Eye Pencil in a dark brown shade.  However, I must note that this pencil was not easy to apply (it did not go on smoothly, and barely deposited any color).  I actually had to apply multiple coats, and it still did not reach the color that I wanted.  As you can guess, I am not a big fan of this one.  Luckily, the rest of my eye makeup went smoothly. 

For my eyeshadow, I once again opted for an eyeshadow duo that contained a shimmery tan color and a dark brown color in one.  I began by applying the shimmery  tan color to the inner corners, guiding it up along the brow bone towards the outer eye.  I then applied the rust color eyeshadow to the entire eyelid.  I then worked the dark  brown color into the crease, and, following the angle of the crease upward from the center of the eye, I extended the dark brown color up above the crease outward to just past the outer corner of the eye, angling back in and filling in the center.  Next, I lined my eyes all the way around with a pretty  copper eyeliner, gently smudging it after application.  I finished lining the eyes by applying a shimmery gold eyeliner to the inner corners of the eyes for for a pretty touch of sparkle.  I finished my eye makeup with two coats of Chanel Inimitable Multi-Dimensional Mascara on the top lashes and one coat of Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Waterproof Mascara to the bottom lashes.

I finished off my entire rusted look by trying to new lipstick shade.  I used Wet n Wild Wild Shine Lip Laquer in Flirtatious.  It's a toasted coffee color, and it's very different from what I usually wear.  In fact, I've never really worn any lipsticks in brown tones.  However, I was pleasantly surprised by the color, and I've decided I need to try other brown-tones lipstick!  Stay tuned!


Show me your favorite Fall natural look!  Share your photos and experiences, and show me some of your makeup skills!  Post your photos, ask any questions you may have, or share any ideas you want me to try our via reply post or Email Me!

See you tomorrow for Day 21 (FOLLOWER FRIDAY!) of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, your local drug store, or through Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment