Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 18 of The Great Makeup Challenge








Day 18 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: Green with eye envy!  Today I decided to continue with my trend of bright makeup this week with a burst of green.

What you will need:
Instructions:
Because of my skin’s recent outbreak of minor irritation, I once again started with the simple base of my tinted moisturizer.  I applied concealer under my eyes, and a light dusting of Sephora Mineral Powder to set.  I applied bronzer into the hollow of the cheeks for contouring, as well as a light swipe across the t-zone (forehead, down the bridge of the nose, and on the chin) to warm up the area of my face where I naturally tan.  I also added a light application of bronzer along the jawline and down the neck for a defining, contouring contouring effect.  I then added Wet ‘n’ Wild MegaGlo Face Illuminator along the tops of the cheekbones up to the temples for a highlighting effect.  I finished by applying a rosy blush to my cheeks to complete my facial warm-up.

Moving to the eyes, I applied a light, shimmery green starting from the inner corner of the eyes and sweeping it up along the brow bone to the outer corner of my eyes.  I then applied my darkest shade of green, a bold jade color, to the outer half of the eyelid, working it from the center of the lid outwards to the corner.  I then worked my medium green shade from the inner corner to meet the darkest shade at the center of the lid.  The goal was to create a gradation effect on the eyelid, moving from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner, slowly getting more intense and color.  I applied black inner rim eyeliner for contrast and definition.  I followed this with a bright green eyeliner around the entire eye.

I applied two coats of Urban Decay’s Skyscraper Multi-Benefit mascara to the upper lashes, followed by one coat of Maybelline’s Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Waterproof mascara to the bottom lashes.  As a contact wearer and allergy sufferer, I prefer to apply a waterproof mascara to the bottom lashes so that the mascara won’t run when my eyes are watering.

I finished the look by dabbing on Benetint Lip Balm SPF 15 to my lips.  The balm not only moisturizes and gives a slight sheen, it also adds a touch of rosy color to the lips.

Get your Green on and show me what you got!  Share your photos with me, and tell me what colors you want me to take for a test drive.  Send me some ideas! I still have almost a year to go, and I am only so creative!  Challenge me!

Share your photos and experiences, and show me some of your makeup skills! Post your photos, ask any questions you may have, or share any ideas you want me to try our via my Submit page above or Email Me!
 
See you tomorrow for Day 19 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, your local drug store, or through Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment