Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 5 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge


Inspiration: Bombshell-extraordinaire Adriana Lima on the cover of Elle


















Trying to be a Bombshell...
Adriana Lima I am not!

                 
I couldn't help but laugh at my posing...
Feeling a little more natural with dry hair!



















Day 5 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: Bombshell? Okay, so I’m not a Victoria’s Secret model, but I was inspired by the makeup on the October 2011 cover of Elle Magazine featuring Adriana Lima.  I may not be bombshell status, but it was fun to pretend for a while!

What you will need:
  • Tinted  moisturizer (Philosphy’s The Supernatural provides me with an even complexion and a warm glow)
  • Concealer (Still swear by Benefit’s Erase Paste)
  • Powder (I recommend Sephora’s Mineral loose powder)

  • Bronzer (I used Lancome’s Star Bronzer in Bronze Solaire)
  • Blush (Today I used Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Cream waterproof cream color)

  • Highlighter ( I used Benefit’s Girl Meets Pearl)
  • Golden shimmer eyeshadow (Today was the gold color from Lancome’s Colour Focus EyeColour Quad in 4Dreaming)

  • Black, black, black eyeliner (For today’s inner rims, I used Tarte’s EmphasEYES inner rim pencil in in black; and for the outer liner I used a fat black kohl pencil from Giella)

  • Mascara (Today’s lashes were brought to you courtesy of Urban Decay’s Supercurl Curling Mascara)

  • Pale pink lip color and gloss (Today was a combination of Wet n Wild’s long lasting lipstick in 901B with a touch of Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush lip gloss in Strawberry Fizz)
  • A few spritzes of Victoria’s Secret Sexy Little Things scented body mist in Noir Tease (this is a Bombshell challenge, isn’t it?)
 
Instructions:
After days of being sick, I had my first break today.  I woke up feeling vaguely, well, human.  As my health changed, so did my mood, bringing a bit of sunshine with it.  To celebrate, I decided to have some fun and attempt the classic bombshell look. 

I started off with the Five Minute Wake Up Makeup base (I said I was feeling better, but so enthused as to put much more work into it!).  I followed along with the contouring steps, but I added extra emphasis on the bronzer to bring more of the sun-kissed look to my cheeks.  Benefit’s Girl Meets Pearl liquid highlighter was tapped along the length of my entire cheekbones to brighten up what could be a very dark look.  I also changed up my blush, gently tapping Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Cream waterproof cream color along the apples of my cheeks to add a peachy glow.

Next, I lined the inner rims of my eyes with Tarte’s EmphasEYES inner rim pencil in in black.  (Check out my Moody Makeup post for inner rim lining tips!) I then dusted a light coat of the shimmery gold color from Lancome’s Colour Focus EyeColour Quad in 4Dreaming from lid to brow to bring more warmth to the look.
Then I tackled my biggest challenge.  I lined all the way around my eyes with a thick, black kohl pencil.  I am not an expert at this, and the smudgeable kohl pencil took over half my face.  Tip for saving the day?  Q-tips!  These handy little buggers can help clean up any mess you make, and with great precision.  Everyone needs these in their makeup tool box!  As for kohl pencil?  Practice, practice, practice!  Don’t give up! And when you survive the lining ordeal, top off your lashes with a thickening, curling black mascara top and bottom.

Finally, I accented a natural pout with a dab of pale pink lipstick on the center of my lips (top and bottom) only, and a touch of gloss on top.  It makes the pout stand out without overwhelming the strong eyes.
Overall, it wasn’t as bad as I thought, although I have some reckoning to do with that kohl pencil….

 I know there are bombshells out there!  Show me your best, and have some fun with it!  Post your photos, ask any questions you may have, or share any ideas you want me to try our via reply post or Email Me!

 See you tomorrow for Day 6 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, or your local drug store.

No comments:

Post a Comment