Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge


                            


Day 2 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: Today is Livestrong Day!  I had great plans for the day, which were cut a bit short by an unexpected severe cold (low-grade fever, chills, etc.).  As I noted in Day 1’s post, you can always tell when I’m sick in my eyes, and these photos make that very evident!  Sick or not, The Great Makeup Challenge continues!  I decided to incorporate my support of Livestrong and the fight against cancer into my makeup, so I wore my yellow on my eyes!

What you will need:
  • Tinted  moisturizer (I use and highly recommend Philosphy’s The Supernatural)
  • Concealer; unless you’re one of the lucky ones who don’t need it! (The absolute best one I’ve ever used: Benefit Erase Paste)
  • Powder (I recommend Sephora’s Mineral loose powder)

  • Bronzer (I recommend Wet n Wild Ultimate Minerals Bronzer.  It is cheap, but the quality is great)
  • Blush (Today, I used Chanel’s powder blush in Tempting Beige)

  • Highlighter (for a quick powder highlighter, I recommend Wet n Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder)
  • Yellow eye shadow (Today, I used a combination of NYX’s Ultra Pearl Mania in Yellow Pearl with NYX’s Mellow Yellow eyeshadow)

  • Mascara (Today, I used Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes!)

  • Lip color , which I decided to do in a bright pink to offset the yellow around my eyes (I used Tarte’s Lipsurgence natural matte lip stain in Lively)

Instructions:
Sickness dictated that I stick to a really quick base today.  I simply didn’t have the energy for anything more!  I followed my own tips from the Five Minute Wake Up Makeup, applying my base, contouring, and blush.  For today’s blush, I opted for a soft brown tone.  I didn’t want a bright blush to clash with my bright eyes.

Next, I applied NYX’s Ultra Pearl Mania in Yellow Pearl from the inner corner of the eyes, across the eye, to the brow, and out to the hairline.  I like to think of this as my Yellow Warrior look.  On the eyelid, I added NYX’s Mellow Yellow eyeshadow to give some contrast.  I skipped the eyeliner, allowing the yellow to shine, and swiped on Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes! for a nice fringe around my eyes.

My skin has a very yellow base, and even without being sick, yellow can often make me look sickly.  To try to offset this effect, I selected a rich fuchsia lip stain to brighten my face and accent the yellow.  Plus, the stain’s lasting power allows me to avoiding constant reapplication.

I realize not everyone is comfortable with trying out such a drastic look, so tomorrow I’ll tackle making this look user-friendly for our day-to-day lives.

Did you support Livestrong Day?  Show me your yellow!  Share photos of you getting your yellow via posts or  Email Me!

 See you tomorrow for Day 3 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora or Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment