Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 22 of The Great Makeup Challenge!




Day 22 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: I love olive! For today's look I decided to play with deeper green tones. My goal was to create a gradation of color across the eyelid starting with a shimmery gold-green tone and ending with a dark olive tone with a touch of shimmery black to the outer corner. A mixture of a dark green with a black can be really stunning on the eyes, and it offers up a different take on the smoky eye. Enjoy!


What you will need:



Instructions:
For my base, I again went with the tinted primer combination, mixing two Sephora primers(the sheer glow and highlighting Base Sublimatrice Primers) to get that nice glow. I really wanted warm, glowing skin to offset the darker colors I was using for the eyes. I applied concealer under my eyes and set with a loose dusting of powder. You may have noticed my recent obsession with warm skin. I live in an area where the Fall season triggers the start of pale, sickly skin. As the sun goes away and winter sets, I lose that nice warm glow I picked up during the summer. This year, I'm not ready to let it go just yet, so I'm using my makeup to warm up my complexion instead. To do just that, I used one of my favorite bronzer and highlighter combination palettes yet again. I applied light dusting of the darker shades of the palette across my entire face and down the neck, and then worked the color into the hollows of my cheeks and along the bottom of the jawline for definition. I finished with a sweep of the lighter shades up the tops of the cheekbones to the temples to complete the contouring look. I then applied my favorite beige blush on the apples of the cheeks, and topped it with a shimmery peach blush.

Moving on to the eyes, I began by applying Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Cream Shadow in Going Green, a shimmery gold-green color, to the entire eye area. I smoothed it on the eyelid, in the inner corner, and up along the brow bone. Next, using a pretty olive eyeshadow, I began by applying a very light dusting from the inner corner of the eyelid, increasing the amount of color (a.k.a. a thicker application of shadow) as I worked my way across the lid to the outer corner of the eye. I then worked the shadow into the crease, starting at the inner corner and working along the angle of the crease, moving upward from the center of the eye to extend the color outward to just past the outer corner of the eye, angling back in and filling in the center. I then added just a touch of the shimmery black shadow to the outer corner of the eyelid, arcing around the corner, and adding a small touch to the very outer lower lash line. I lined the inner rims of both eyes with black inner rim liner, and then lined along the lash line around the entire eye with a dark greenish-blck eyeliner. I finished the eyes with two coats of Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! on the top lashes and one coat of Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Waterproof Mascara in Very Black on the bottom lashes.

Finally, for my lips I decided to continue my exploration of brown lipsticks. Today I tried out a pretty warm chocolate color (Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in No. 9140 Mochalicious), and I was quite pleased with the results!


Share what you try out and send me photos! And remember, if you have any questions about colors or products, ask away via my
Submit page above or Email Me!
See you tomorrow for Day 23 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, your local drug store, or through Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment