Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 13 of The Great Makeup Challenge






Day 13 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: Pink and Lazy. In honor of October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I am dedicating my second week of The Challenge to pink makeup! Today's look is all about those lazy days when we just want to relax, but still want to add a bit of glam to our look.


What you will need:




Instructions:

Today's look for me was about adding a bit of glam to my 'bumming around' clothes (a.k.a. yoga pants, t-shirt, sweater, hair in a braid, boring look). It was a rainy, dreary day, and my inspiration levels were low, low, low. So although my clothes were drab, I decided that my makeup should have a bit of interest to it.  For my base, I gave another BB cream a try (check out this week's Wednesday Product Review for my first round with a BB cream). Today, I tried out Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++. The product touts that it is customizable for all skin tones. However, although I started with a very minimal amount of product, it was a bit too light for my skin tone. Accordingly, I had to really work to try to warm up my skin tone a bit. I started with applying a bit of concealer to my under eye area, and I didn't really need much as the Beauty Balm did do a nice job of lightening the area. I then dusted a light layer of powder on my entire face to set. I worked bronzer into the hollows of my cheeks under the cheekbones from the center of my cheeks up toward my hairline, as well as under the jaw line to add definition. I added a light swipe of bronzer across the forehead, down the bridge of the nose, and to the chin (think T-Zone) to warm up the rest of the face. I highlighted the tops of my cheekbones and then applied my pinky-plum colored blush to the apples of my cheeks for a soft glow. I was very pleasantly surprised at how great the Beauty Balm worked to smooth out my skin without the oily look that came about yesterday. However, by late afternoon, I noticed my skin was starting to break out in little bumps everywhere! I quickly washed off the whole works. I had heard finding a Beauty Balm that works for you can be tough, and it seems it really is going to be a big challenge for me.

For the eyes, I opted to use an eyeshadow quad again. Using quads can be especially helpful on these kinds of lazy days! I started by applying matte white color to from the crease to the brow bone and adding a touch
of same to the inner corners of the eyes. I then applied the shimmery grey color to the entire eye lid. I worked the metallic pink color in the eye crease, starting at the inner corner and working my way out. Following the angle of the crease upward from the center of the eye, I extended the metallic pink color up above the crease outward to just past the outer corner of the eye, angling back in and filling in the center with the metallic pink color. Take a look at the closed eye photo to see the arc this creates. I followed by applying the metallic black color just along the top lashline. I lined both the top and bottom lashes with a very pretty smoky plum colored eyeliner. A swipe of black waterproof mascara to the top and bottom lashes finished off the eyes. Check out the closed eye photo again, and you will see the oomph that Benefit
Cosmetics BADgal Waterproof Mascara
provides to the lashes. Fantastic!

Finally, keeping my laid back mentality for the day, I opted for a pink lip balm stain. I highly recommend the entire tokidoki Gelato Lip Balm Stain collection (I own every color). It moisturizes, lasts all day, and the color is buildable (i.e. you can keep adding to to bring more color to the look and stop whenever you get the perfect shade).  I used the Donutella color today, which is a great pink color. A few swipes in the morning, and it lasted until I washed my face in the evening without drying out my lips.


Share your lazy day makeup photos and experiences, and show me your best pink makeup for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Post your photos, ask any questions you may have, or share any ideas you want me to try our via reply post or Email Me!

See you tomorrow for Day 14 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, your local drug store, or through Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment