Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 11 of The Great Makeup Challenge








Day 11 of 365 of The Great Makeup Challenge: Pink and
Powerful.
In honor of October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I am dedicating my second week of The Challenge to pink makeup!  Today was all about a big trend right now: powerful blush.  The thought of powerful blush brings up nightmares of jagged lines of flourescent color a la 1986.  Some things should be left in the 1980s.  Although powerful blush is seeing a resurgence right now, tipping its hats to the past, it has taken on a more modern edge.  No straight lines here: softness is key.  For today I opted to go with a color reminiscent of my natural flush, focusing on the areas where said flush appears after a good workout.  I may challenge myself with more daring colors and shapes down the road, but this was my way of dipping my toes in the water.  Join me for a splash!



 

What you will need:


Instructions:
For my base, I applied Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel in Radiant all over.  I did like the smoothing effects of the product, and the subtle glow that it gave.  I applied my go-to Benefit Erase Paste to conceal my under eye circles, and sealed it all with a dusting of Benefit Cosmetics "Hello Flawless!" powder in Honey.  The powder helped to finish off the smooth look of the base, and the color of it was a perfect match for my skin tone.  I dusted the darker tones of the Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Powder in Catwalk Pink   in the hollows of the cheekbones, and the lighter tones on the tops. 
 
I wanted to keep the eyes simple, so I turned to a quick and easy look from the Too Faced Naked Eye palette: the naked eye.  I swept Satin Sheets (light pink shimmer) across the eye to the brown bone, in the inner corners, and from the inner corner to the center of the the bottom eyelid along the lashline.  From there, I used Like a Virgin (matte brown) from the center of the eyelid to the outer corner, along the crease, and from the center of the the bottom eyelid to the outer corner along the lashline.  I then swept two coats of Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Waterproof Mascara in Black on the top lashes only.

Then the flushing began.  I applied Lancome Blush Subtil Delicate Oil-Free Powder Blush in Rose Romantique to the apples of my cheeks, and worked it just under the cheekbone towards my hairline.  This is where I naturally flush.  I slowly added more color until I reached my fresh-from-the-gym hue.  I finished by softening the edges with my fingertips to prevent any sharp lines.

I finalized the look with a swipe of the peachy-pink Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in 903C to my lips.  I didn't want a color that would fight for attention with my cheeks (today at least), so I kept it simple.
I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.  What do you think?  Try it out for yourself, and share your results with me!


Show me your best pink makeup for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Post your photos, ask any questions you may have, or share any ideas you want me to try out via reply post or Email Me!
 
See you tomorrow for Day 12 of The Great Makeup Challenge!

Note: All products I recommended above are available from Sephora, Ulta, your local department store, your local drug store, or through Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment